How to make the perfect pancake
The following recipe should allow you to make enough mixture for 8-10 pancakes.
- Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl with a sieve.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and break the eggs into it.
- Whisk the eggs, making sure any bits of flour are mixed in with the eggs.
- Whilst whisking, gradually add small quantities of the milk and water mixture. Whisk until all the liquid has been added and the batter has the consistency of thin cream.
- Heat a frying pan until hot. Test it by dropping water onto the pan, if it sizzles and evaporates it is hot enough.
- Melt the butter in the frying pan.
- Spoon 2 tbsp of the melted butter into the batter and whisk it in. Use the rest of the butter to grease the frying pan after each pancake has been made.
- Get the pan really hot, then turn the heat down to medium
- Add 2 tbsp of the batter mix into the hot frying pan.
- Tip the pan around from side to side to get the base evenly coated with batter.
- After about half a minute, and when the bottom is golden in colour, shake the pancake loose and flip it over.
- The other side will only need a few seconds to cook.
- Carefully, slide the pancake out of the pan onto a plate.
- Finally, sprinkle each pancake with lemon juice and caster sugar and serve.
If this has wet your appetite, you may be interested in trying the recipes of these celebrity chefs:
- Jamie Oliver’s Pancake Recipe – perfect for those people who are looking for a healthy alternative.
- Delia Smith’s Pancake Recipe – a traditional easy-to-follow pancake recipe using lemon and sugar.
You may also be interested in:
How do you bake a potato
Tags: How do you make a pancake ; pancake serving suggestions; pancake recipes